Park Bom is born March 24, 1984, in Seoul, South Korea, she eventually moved to the United States where she learned English. She is a member and main vocalist of girl-group 2NE1. In 2006 she recorded with labelmates Big Bang, Lexy, Masta Wu and starred with Lee Hyori in her CF, “Anystar” as a co-actress. Later in 2008, she starred as the lead actress in Kim Ji Eun’s music video, “Tell Me Once More”. In 2008, she debuted with 2NE1 as the main vocalist. Up until now, Park has released two solo singles, namely “You and I” and “Don’t Cry”. “You and I”
Park Bom was born in Seoul, South Korea as a second daughter. In 6th grade, she left Korea by herself to study abroad in the United States. She graduated high school from Gould Academy in Bethel, ME and enrolled into Lesley University with a major in psychology. As a high school student, she fell in love with music through Mariah Carey. She would listen to Mariah Carey’s songs during lunch and even forget to eat. She wanted to pursue it as a career but she did not obtain permission from her parents. However, with encouragement from her aunt, she secretly transferred to Berklee College of Music to pursue her music career.
Park Bom auditioned to become a singer at YG Entertainment, but was rejected multiple times. After three years, she was finally accepted and immediately became a trainee.
Facts about the Queen
1. She’s born on the 24th March, 1984 , in Seoul [South Korea].
2. She moved to the US when she was in 6th grade to pursue studies.
3. She’s fluent in English, Korean and partly Japanese.
4. She graduated high school from Gould Acedemy in Bethel.
5. She enrolled into Lesley University with major in Psychology.
6. She fell in love with music through Mariah Carey’s music.
7. Ever since then she wanted to pursue it as a career but she wasn’t allowed from her parents. However with support and encouragement from her aunt, she transferred to Berklee College to pursue her music career.
8. First she tryed it with SMentertainent but they reject her. (We are NOT SURE about thi one!)
9. She was rejected three times before finally entering YG Entertainment in late 2005.
10. She learned Chinese, Rap, Vocals and Dance as a trainnee.
11. Before debut with 2NE1, she was featured in Big Bang’s debut album in the song ”We Belong Together” and was also featured in their 3rd mini album in the song ”Forever With You”. Along with these, she was also featured in Red Roc’s ”Along My Way” feat Masta Wu and in Lexy’s 3rd album Rush in the song ”Baby Boy”.
12. She has an 8D personality according to YG Family Members.
13. Before debut, Park Bom also starred in Samsung Anycall CF along with Lee Hyori.
14. After debut with 2NE1, she released two solo songs called ”You And I” in 2009 and ”Don’t Cry” in 2011 which both charted high on the charts as both gained ”All-kill” and ”Perfect All-Kill” status.
15. Her english name is Jenny Park.
16. She lived for 6 years in the US.
17. Her height is 165cm [5″4 feet].
18. Her star sign is ”Aries”.
19. She loves Corn & Bread.
20. Her bloodtype is AB
21. She loves corn but isnt allowed cause she gains weight easily.
22. Her ultimate favorite color is Green. Other then that color, she likes Pink and Red too.
23. Her debut was on MBC show Music Core on November 25th, 2006 along side Big Bang’s GD and TOP performing “Forever With You”.
24. She was hired as the Hyori look-alike for Lee Hyori’s last Anycall commercial film, prompting her to record her own version of Anystar, with G-Dragon replacing Lee Junki with his own version of lines
25. She’s the youngest in her own family but the oldest in 2NE1.
26. Park Bom revealed that 2NE1 was originally a 3-membered group with Sandara Park, Goo Hye Sun(Actress from YG Ent.) and herself.
27. She has three dogs called Choco, Danchoo(Button) and Yeoreom(Summer).
28. She can play the Piano, Cello and Flute.
29. Bom loves health foods and one of her favorites is ”deer belly button”.
30. In 2010 for their ”ToAnyone” comeback, it was revealed that Bom was doing some ”Lettuce Diet” to loose weight.
31. she is often mistaken by fans that singer Dia Is her, Fans have compared Dia’s looks and powerful vocals to Bom.
32. She is known to be a shy person, very secretive and she’s emotionally touched quickly.
33. She revealed in 2NE1tv Season 1 that people told her she sleepwalks.
34. Teddy revealed that Bom is fond of drawing heart shapes on her lyrics sheets.
35. Bom’s ideal type is Jay-Z.
36. She had a part in GD & TOP’s “Don’t Go Home” but was edited out and instead got feautured in their other track called ”Oh Yeah”.
37. Her nickname is “Bbang Bbom,” which means “Bread Bom”.
38. Amongst the 2NE1 members, she has the most number of fans in her individual fancafe in Korea.
39. She’s always seen eating in 2NE1tv, or she’s always seen going crazy along with the members.
40. She get easely tired
41. She used to faint in bathroom
42, She has Lymph Node Disorders since predebut due to her non-stop practicing.
43. She doesn’t like exercising but is actually good in sports.
44. She said to Minzy (in 2NE1tv) if she doesn’t eat she can’t move her mouth than.
45. Bom loves to scare fellow member Dara alot especially on the planeride since Dara is always scared of them.
46. It’s said that during ”You And I” MV filming, she ran around the set eating the cupcakes. [The ones that appeared in the MV]
47. She has a Korean accent but she can switch it up to an American accent if she wants to.
48. She’s the closest to Taeyang and G-Dragon amongst the Big Bang members.
49. Rarely see CLxBom moments but she really close to all 2NE1 members
50. She has beautiful teeth but barely shows it when she smiles.
51. She offered a ”Deer belly button” candy to Teddy once because he looked tired and a ”deer belly button” helps the tiredness.
52. She can cook.
53. JYP made a song for Park Bom called ”Scarecrow”.
54 She Is corn addict.
55. She has an older sister called Park Go Eun who is a famous cellist. She also collaborated with her sister for the first time on 2NE1’s first solo concert, ”Nolza”.
56. When she used to live in America, she used to cry herself to sleep and sometimes she would even carry her own pictures because she felt so lonely.
57. One of her hobbies are listening to music.
58. She was supposed to debut as a solo artist back in 2008.
59. Even when there’s no 2NE1 anymore, she’d still want to continue with music.
60. When Bom first heard ”UGLY” she cried.
61. When ”Don’t Cry” was released and it instantly topped charts and received a good response, Bom quickly called Teddy and cried on the phone.
62. One of Bom’s nicknames are ”Bomtaro” due to her love for ”Hamtaro”.
63. Bom’s favorite song from the 2nd Mini Album is her solo track ”Don’t Cry”.
64. In 2NE1, the roles of the unnies and maknaes have turned meaning, the unnies are like maknaes while the maknaes are like the unnies.
65. Ever since her trainnee years, Bom and Dara have been best friends and they’re still going stong.
cr: Wikipedia, WeLoveBom & LP2ne1
And very much thanks to @nampikachu for the last facts and helping!